As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefiting partner of The Great Give®, you are agreeing to the following rules of The Great Give® and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
1. Only nonprofit organizations with a completed registration or a published profile on giveGreater.org® by April 13, 2018 are eligible to participate in The Great Give® 2018.
2. By agreeing to participate in The Great Give® 2018, a nonprofit is pledging to participate according to the terms of service/rules and will not attempt to avoid the intended purpose to establish fair and consistent standards for all participants.
3. Credit card donations received during the 36-hour period (May 1 at 8:00 AM EST through May 2 at 8:00 PM EST) will be eligible for matching funds and prizes from The Community Foundation for this event.
4. Donations by check of $1000 or more to a participating nonprofit and donor directed for use by that nonprofit as a matching challenge will be counted toward matches and prizes awarded by The Foundation; these "matching challenge checks" must be submitted to The Foundation by 5:00 pm on April 30, 2018 for verification and eligibility. Log on to your administrator dashboard and publish details about the match challenge under “Fundraising – Sponsor Matching – Add Match Commitment" before 5:00 p.m. on April 30, 2018. Checks under $1000 received by participating nonprofits during the 36 hours will not count toward matches and prizes awarded by The Foundation and will not appear in the Leaderboard total.
5. An organization can only win one Grand Prize (higher prize amount prevails).
6. Gift minimum for all prizes is $5.00.
7. For the purposes of awarding prizes, a unique donor is one individual or corporation/business with an individual email address. Multiple donations from one email address to the same nonprofit will count as one donor. Participating nonprofit organizations are prohibited from giving to themselves.
8. Donors are encouraged to make gifts to multiple organizations of their choice. Each gift to a different organization will be counted on the leaderboard.
9. An eligible or individual gift is defined as one gift to one organization from one donor. Multiple gifts made by the same donor to the same organization will only be counted as one individual gift to that organization. Donors can make eligible gifts to multiple organizations. Example: If a donor gives more than once to the same nonprofit organization, that donor will be counted once as an individual donor to that specific nonprofit organization for the purpose of awarding prizes with “individual donor” eligibility criteria (e.g., Grand Prizes for greatest number of new donors and greatest number of individual donors; Early Bird prizes); however, if a donor gives to two or more nonprofit organizations, that donor will be counted as an individual donor for each nonprofit to which a gift is made.
10. “New” donors are defined as individuals who have never made a charitable contribution to the nonprofit organization before The Great Give® 2018. Donors will be asked to answer a question on the donation form about their past giving to the organization and this will be cross-referenced with other documentation.
11. Valley donors are defined as those individuals who live or work in one or more of the five Valley towns of Ansonia (zip code 06401), Derby (zip code 06418), Oxford (zip code 06478), Seymour (zip code 06483) and Shelton (zip code 06484), Connecticut. The donor must check the box affirming they live or work in one or more of the five Valley towns for his or her donation to be counted for Valley-specific prizes. Valley nonprofits are defined as participating nonprofits that are located in one or more of the five towns of Ansonia (zip code 06401), Derby (zip code 06418), Oxford (zip code 06478), Seymour (zip code 06483) and Shelton (zip code 06484), Connecticut.
12. Donors will have the option of setting up monthly recurring gifts to an organization for a period of 12 months (min. monthly amount is $5; total donation equivalent is $60 for the year). The recurring gifts will count as one individual gift for that organization but the total of these recurring gifts ($60) will be counted in the leaderboard total for amount raised and will count for the prize in that category and towards the matching gift pool grant prize.
13. Each gift is 100% tax deductible. The Community Foundation cannot receive gifts in exchange for goods and/or services. Each gift will be granted for unrestricted use to the donor’s chosen organization.
14. During The Great Give® 2018, credit card transaction and third-party processing fees totaling 4.2% plus $.30 will be deducted from each donation under $1,000; credit card transaction and third-party processing fees totaling 2.2% plus $20.30 will be deducted from each donation of $1,000 and over. The Community Foundation does not receive any revenue from the transaction or processing fees and provides the online giving day platform and training to nonprofit organizations as a free service.
15. Secure donations for The Great Give® 2018 handled by GiveGab and are to be made by each donor entering his or her own credit card information directly on www.thegreatgive.org. Any third party who enters credit card information on behalf of a donor, by their actions of entering any such credit card information on behalf of a donor, has signified their agreement with The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven 1.) to assume all risk of loss and any liability associated with such transaction and 2.) to indemnify each of The Community Foundations and organizations of The Great Give® 2018 against any and all risk of loss and any liability associated with such transaction. The Community Foundation discourages third parties from entering the credit card information of donors as it is not in the spirit of The Great Give® 2018.
16. Donations made with the same credit card number under several different names are subject to disqualification from grant prize eligibility. It is reasonable to expect that some family members will use the same credit card number to make their individual gifts. However, to count as a unique donor, different email addresses must be used for each gift. Multiple gifts made to the same organization using the same credit card will be examined thoroughly by The Community Foundation to ensure that gifts were made by eligible individuals (individuals who are responsible for the credit card used and authorized to use it).
17. In the event that a donor makes a gift in error (wrong amount or designates incorrect nonprofit) changes and refunds will be made twice during the giving event: once at the close of business on May 1 and once after the event ends on May 2.
18. Grants up to $5,000 made by The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven and Valley Community Foundation Donor Advised Fund holders between April 20 – April 27, 2018 will be added to the organization’s leaderboard total, count toward Grand prizes and be matched by the Foundations on a pro-rated basis.
19. For the convenience of donors, credit card gifts may be scheduled in advance for The Great Give® 2018 between Friday, April 23 and Monday, April 30. All advanced credit card gifts will be credited to participating organizations during the second day of the giving event at a time determined by The Community Foundation. Advanced credit card gifts will count toward match and Grand prizes but will not be counted toward hourly competitive prizes.
20. Participating nonprofit organizations must file electronic fund transfer documents with The Community Foundation to receive grant payments of donor dollars, prizes and match dollars. Nonprofit participants will receive all the monies that have been donated for the benefit of their organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
21. Participating nonprofit organizations' staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors should promote The Great Give over the course of the 36-hour event using social media and hashtag #TheGreatGive; the social media accounts from which The Great Give activities are shared are facebook/givegreater and twitter/givegreater. Other hashtags that may be useful to include are #NHV and #GiveGreater as giveGreater.org is the home of The Great Give and provided by The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven.
*Terms of Service / rules are subject to change at any time at the discretion of The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven.